Professional, Scientific and Technical Services
The Professional, Scientific and Technical Services industry is one of Independence’s most stable sectors. Numerous architects, marketing consultants, designers, lawyers and engineering firms call Independence home. With over three million people residing within a 50 mile radius of Independence, professional, scientific and technical services companies can take advantage of a large workforce while enjoying convenient access to clients throughout Northeast Ohio.
Independence is very competitive for various types of professional, scientific and technical service businesses. The extensive list of these services includes the following for which Independence is particularly competitive:
- Selected Professional & Technical Services
- Accounting, Tax Preparation, Bookkeeping and Payroll (5412)
- Architectural, Engineering and Related Services (5413)
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services (5415)
- Management, Scientific and Technical Consulting Services (5416)
- Scientific Research & Development Services (5417). Independence is not home to a major research university or other institution. However, it is strategically located near Cleveland’s emerging Health Technology Corridor (HTC), which is anchored by such illustrious, world-renowned institutions as The Cleveland Clinic, University Hospitals, and Case Western Reserve. While the HTC does not physically extend to Independence, the City is exploring opportunities to attract bio-technology research and support services that spin-off from the concentration of activity in the HTC.
For more information about how your company can explore opportunities in Independence, contact the Economic Development Department at 216.524.4131.