Construction Updates in the Rockside Road Business District
Anthony Allega Cement Contractor continues to make progress with new traffic signalization and street lighting work in connection with the Rockside Road Widening Project by the former BP gas station.
Now that spring is upon us, warmer weather will allow for the following construction operations to commence:
- stone sub-base and concrete paving for the mainline widening work across the former BP gas station frontage (Summit Park Drive to the I-77 southbound entrance ramp);
- sidewalk and brick paver tree lawn treatment;
- final grading and lawn restoration; and
- final traffic signage, signalization and pavement striping.
The $2.0 million project is expected to be substantially complete by May.
Independence Excavating has mobilized equipment and materials to the property north of the Embassy Suites Hotel and recently started installing manholes and sewer pipe for the Rockside Woods Boulevard North – Sanitary Sewer Extension Project.
Drill rigging has been assembled at the low-end of the project (near the Cuyahoga Valley Interceptor Sewer) in preparation for the Horizontal-Directional Drilling (HDD) operations for the new sewer, which is planned to commence late March and be complete in early April.
Overall completion of this major $3.0 million sewer rehabilitation and extension project is slated for June.
Final design is nearing completion for a street lighting and landscaping upgrade for Oak Tree Boulevard South. This streetscape project is really “Phase 2” of the $1.5 million road rehabilitation project that was constructed in late 2015. The streestscape project includes:
- new decorative-style street light poles and fixtures (similar to the ones that were recently installed on Rockside Place near the Holiday Inn and restaurants) which will illuminate both the roadway and pedestrian path; and
- landscaping improvements planned for the length of the roadway.
Project construction is expected to be finished by September.