Site Selection Resources
From location to infrastructure to amenities and services, the City of Independence is an ideal locale for corporate headquarters, service-related businesses and light industrial companies. Centrally located at the crossroads of two of Northeast Ohio’s primary interstates (I-480 and I-77), Independence offers the mobility and access businesses need to support customers and to attract the highest quality workforce.
Businesses located in Independence have instant access to Northeast Ohio’s rich and diverse cultural and entertainment venues, award-winning healthcare facilities, plentiful recreation assets and enjoy the following advantages important to business operations:
- 15 minute drive time to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- City of Cleveland, 10 miles north and City of Akron, 20 miles south
- 4 million square feet of Class A and B office space
- 14 hotels with more than 2,100 guest rooms and conference space
- More than 40 fast, casual and fine dining options
- Advanced technology infrastructure such as wireless, fiber and broadband
With average daily traffic counts along the Rockside Road corridor at 50,000 vehicles and a daytime population of 20,000-25,000, having Independence as a home base provides businesses with exposure to a large, diverse client base. To learn more about how the City of Independence will empower your business to discover, explore, find and celebrate its independence, please contact the Economic Development Department at 216.524.4131.